SportIt Intro

Hello,
I am Rajesh. I am building SportIt.
I had a chat with Abhinav, Sagar & Viraj a few days back. They suggested that I should share about SportIt on the Forum too.
Feel free to shoot questions, clarifications, doubts et al.
If you want a 2-minute Intro, head to the attachment. For the longer version, keep reading…

WHAT IS SPORTIT?
SportIt is tech enabled sports playbook for schools. SportIt is a digital coaching assistant for sports teachers.
SportIt is built upon the proprietary 3C approach- COACH, CURRICULUM & COMMUNITY- for kids to enjoy and learn sports like never before.

WHY SPORTIT?
Sports training and experience for kids is BROKEN.

• No structured curriculum.
  • No coach/sports teacher training. Lowest in hierarchy in school.
  • No regular assessments or progress tracking.
  • No parent-teacher meeting.

SportIt aims to FIX this.

Personal Anecdote: My son was passionate about football and I could not find a good training academy for him.
This was the trigger for me to move from sports management and focus on sports development as an entrepreneur.

WHY SCHOOLS & SPORTS TEACHERS?
School is the FIRST PLAYGROUND for children to exercise and develop their personalities, social skills and aspirations. The kids spend an average of 8 hours every day in school. It is therefore important to intervene at the school level to ensure that kids play and enjoy sports so that fitness becomes a part of their life.
It is difficult for individual schools to build a robust sports program and that is why we are building SportIt.

HOW DOES IT WORK
SportIt is a MOBILE & WEB-based application. SportIt will be available as an app that is free to download.

3C APPROACH
CURRICULUM

• Age and grade wise from ages 3-13
  • Progressive and step by step 45 minute sessions
  • Each training sessions constitutes- instructions, images and videos, 2 exercises and a match play
  • No repeats, so a kid gets a unique experience each time
  • Technical, Tactical, Physical & Psychological skills

The curriculum is guided by India’s National Education Policy- NEP 2020. It is built on the 5+3+3+4 approach which addresses:

• The Foundational Stage – Under 7- storytelling led first sports experience to draw out movement, creativity, and socio-emotional skills
  • The Preparatory I Stage – Under 9 – drills and exercises to develop individual ability and intuition
  • The Preparatory II Stage – Under 11 – innovative in-game challenges to shape individual and team techniques and dynamics
  • The Middle Stage – Under 13 – transitions and phases of play to test player interdependence and game resolution

COACH

• Curated training sessions for the entire academic year
  • Advanced digital workshops
  • Learning management systems

COMMUNITY

• One ecosystem
  • Schools, Coaches & Parents
  • Together to foster the child’s progress

3 KEY FEATURES
HOLISTICALLY CURATED

• International best practices
  • Technical collaboration with global sports assets/clubs/leagues
  • Technical Director for each sport

DIGITALLY ENABLED

• Real-time learning
  • Attendance tracking
  • Testing & assessment reports

FLEXIBLE PLUG & PLAY

• Syncs seamlessly to the school calendar
  • 40 weeks of training sessions in line with the academic calendar
  • Flexible for each school’s term & classes
  • 3 tier program upgrade options

THE BEST TEAM
CEO

• Sports domain expertise > 25 years’ experience; entrepreneur > 9 years
  • Network across multiple global sports brands – ICC Cricket, BCCI, Roland-Garros, Bundesliga, PSG, European & Asian Tour, and many more sports leagues and marquee clubs
  • Demonstrated delivery - sold sports sponsorships > USD 100 million to global brands – Pepsi, Rolex, Allianz, LG, Hero Motocorp and developed activation plans to service their sponsorship
    LinkedIn
    TECHNICAL HEAD
    •Domain expertise > 12 years’ experience in Europe and India
    •Certifications- UEFA B licensed coach- the highest level of certification available for youth development
    •Played in the National League in Europe
    Website

DOMAIN EXPERTISE
•Insights on the interplay between the different stakeholders
•What incentives work for kids & parents and schools & coaches
•What nudges them in the right direction

HOW DOES SPORTIT MAKE MONEY?
SportIt is SaaSS - Sports as a Service for Schools. Revenue on paid subscription/event plans.
3 Tier upgrade option for schools on subscription/event.

WHERE ARE WE NOW?

• Technology Stack
    • App- Flutter for hybrid app development; only android available currently
    • Web- Angular10
    • Server- Express framework for NODEJS; deployed as AWS LAMBDA application; Dynamodb database
  • Sport
    • Football- training modules for 4 age groups; one term only
    • MoveIt- motor skills for U7 kids; one term only
  • Schools
    • 2 premium schools
  • Revenue
    • Previous FY (8 months of activity): Rs. 10 lacs
    • Current FY: Aiming 3x growth

WHAT IS THE ASK?

Website
Instagram
Facebook