Rural Entrepreneurship

@NithinKamath - i am Anitha, currently through startup Sustally, , introducing the concept of sustainability in the supply chain participants so that they are able to align, benefit by contributing to their top of supply chain B2B buyer sustainability targets.

I am here, not w.r.to sustally, this is regarding your latest LI post, systematic way to encouraging rural business or entrepreneurs. I am eager to contribute towards that, do let me know if this plan strikes chord with your concept.

In my tier 4 town, or tier 5 village - there are many entrepreneurs who have been working for decades doing one thing but does best work in the area, in terms of product or services. For betterment of economy, all of these business neednt become brand or chain of business but atleast has to grow at manageable expansion in region or product. There are multiple reasons why they dont scale or expand beyond their area. But for those due to the reason (lack of capital or lack of guidance), i believe Rainmatter can invest in these businesses to scale 2x2 without compromising quality. The only catch is unlike an exit in VC world, here the investment return can only come from dividends or from any strategic synergies with other businesses in same region.

If given a chance, i will explain this process (long term in nature though) how rainmatter can create a movement in rural entrepreneurship. I am happy to contribute in whatever way possible.

Why don’t you write to us at [email protected]

Yes sure. Thanks for your prompt revert. I will explain and write in detail to the provided mail id.