Query regarding investment space selection

Hi Rainmatter Team

One thing Co-incidentally happened, I wrote Rainmatter team on business update about our manufacturing and R&D company in Solar, Non Solar Power backup and lithium based power storage solutions space and I got reply that we are not investing in the space.

Then in evening as my routine is to see business related Podcasts where Mr. Badshah asked Nikhil Sir to advise the space to invest 2.5 Cr to 3 Cr where in 3 years time someone can be profitable. Nikhil sir rightly mentioned about energy transition i.e. EV, Battery company and Solar space.

Not to offend anyone, I just want to understand how investors choose space to invest and how bootstrapped businesses like us who go through a journey organically that too in a hot industry can get guidance and funding from people like you.

This is a platform where I thought, I could be myself. Thanks

Best Regards, Chirag

Hi Chirag,

On our climate investments side, the idea is to support long gestation products and solutions which otherwise might not find funding. Not to say we don’t invest in other types, but primarily we feel our capital is better utilized in that sector.

If our team got back to you with feedback it is because we are looking at specific niche areas. We also think about areas where we can add some value and then make investment decisions. But other investors follow other approaches.

The best way to go about finding support would be to identify investors who have some expertise in the sector you are working in. You can write to me at [email protected]. I will help connect you to a few folks. :slight_smile:

1 Like