The concept of “health” extends beyond the confines of physical well-being to encompass mental and spiritual vitality. Mental health, a crucial facet of our overall wellness, wields a profound influence over our cognition, emotions, and behaviors. Regrettably, despite its paramount importance, mental health is often either misconstrued or neglected.
Alarming statistics reveal that one in five individuals experiences symptoms of mental health disorders. A striking 50% of such conditions manifest before the age of 14, with an even more concerning 75% developing by the age of 24. The origins of these problems are intricate, arising from the intricate interplay between the mind, body, and environment. Catalysts encompass a spectrum ranging from prolonged acute stress, biological predispositions, and substance misuse to cognitive patterns characterized by ceaseless negativity, lethargy, and societal challenges such as financial strain, breakdowns, and social isolation.
Crafting effective solutions for mental health hinges upon untangling a complex web of interconnected issues across the value chain. At the societal level, there exists a significant dearth of awareness concerning the symptoms of mental health problems and the available treatments. This, coupled with a societal reluctance to acknowledge the need for assistance, fosters a detrimental stigma that surrounds mental health issues. Consequently, those in need of help often yearn for anonymity, a scarce commodity.
The supply-related challenges further compound the issue, as insufficient access to appropriate healthcare treatment persists. Moreover, concerns about treatment quality erode the essential foundation of trust and credibility, especially crucial for matters as deeply personal as mental health.
Upon reevaluating the mental health landscape, LISSUN has outlined a comprehensive value chain encompassing six syndromes, which we call as 6As: Awareness, Acceptance, Anonymity, Access, Affordability, and Assurance. This framework highlights a fragmented approach to addressing mental health and the limitations in the current approach to engaging with individuals.
Hence, LISSUN emerges as a distinctive mental health company embodying two core pillars: Providing end-to-end solutions for mental health and seamlessly integrating mental health into mainstream use cases.
Differentiating from existing solutions that predominantly address the aware 20%, our vision encompasses reaching the remaining unaware 80%. To achieve this, we adopt a B2B2C approach, collaborating with medical and other institutions to address high-stress scenarios such as infertility, oncology, nephrology, education, etc. In essence, LISSUN emerges as an unprecedented opportunity to seamlessly weave Mental Health into the fabric of mainstream care.
Our mission at LISSUN is to Solve Mental at Scale. Our ambition is to positively impact the lives of millions by providing comprehensive mental and emotional health support across all facets of daily life. We are a technology-driven startup devoted to supporting individuals and corporations in fulfilling their mental health needs. In a remarkably short span of two odd years, we have emerged as one of the largest in the field and as well as a large employer in the mental health sector, boasting a team of over 60+ mental health professionals. Our portfolio includes collaborations with 150+ clients, including prominent entities like PhysicsWallah, Resonance, Sugarfit, Birla Infertility, and KPC Clinic. Our impact is palpable, having delivered over 30,000+ interventions through our platforms, extending our reach to more than 40+ cities in India.
We are excited to be part of the Rainmatter portfolio and look forward to more meaningful and impactful collaborations with you all.
You can learn more about us at www.lissun.app or Let's finally solve it | Twitter, Instagram, Facebook | Linktree