IronMan Goa relay team. Anyone interested?

longest open water swim of 6km for beach competition…

@Dilip.Kumar Am available on Oct 8th

2 Likes

@Dilip.Kumar Am available on Oct 8th and I ride too.

I can do 90km, but at slow speed. so if anyone’s looking for clocking the best time, maybe someone else should do :') Also, i don’t have a road bike, I have https://www.polygonbikes.com/heist-x5/ - is it mandatory to have a road bike?

btw :cold_face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVxxlRbZRfs

I don’t think it’s mandatory. But will check the the organizer.
Participants will have to carry their own bikes. Will check with the organizer if they have an arrangment.

1 Like

Ok so we have two teams for IM Goa from Zerodha :smiley: :raised_hands:

Swim: @Rohan123 @NithinKamath
Cycle : @vishnus @Manjesh
Run : @Dilip.Kumar @TheMaddala

Have to ask our human router @Sagar_Gudekote :innocent: to help us coordinate and maybe get some sessions together.

@NithinKamath had proposed doing long rides sometime. Maybe we can do that as a team and exchange notes on race day plans :smile:

And we need a cheer team. So call in your colleagues/friends who will come to cheer.
We have a cheer leader already @karthikrangappa :smiley:

6 Likes

@vishnus Response from the organizer

1 Like

ah nice! i’ve always wanted to upgrade to a road bike, I’ll do some research this week and see if I should take the plunge and get one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have done a 100km Oxfarm Run/Walk for under 30 hours. I am available on 8th October. :man_running:

1 Like

I am up for cycling :biking_woman:

We can have an all women team :smile:

@tanmayi Wanna do the run?
Need someone to swim.

Aaahh. my pace is not even remotely competitive :see_no_evil:
might do a better job cycling. lemme check out the details and get back to you!

My job seems to be the easiest. Go people go :dancing_women::dancing_women::dancing_women:

2 Likes

Hey. I’m down for either the run or cycling if there’s still a place to fill!

2 Likes

So @tanmayi for run.
@ShikhaSingh for cycling.

We need one more person for swim :slight_smile:

Hi folks-

@Sagar_Gudekote will touchbase with everyone to get the registration formalities done.

Hey hey, this is happening, yes? I need some motivation to start training :grimacing:
anyone planning any intermediate runs before Oct 8th?

@tanmayi A swimmer is missing to form the third team :neutral_face:

:frowning_face: i can ask if anyone in Foundation swims

Teams formed :heavy_check_mark:
Registration done :heavy_check_mark:

Lets roll the training now :swimming_woman: :biking_man: :running_woman:

We can keep this thread up and running with training logs.
Make everyone else coming to read these posts crave for a place in the team for next season :smile:

First off, let’s put out some finish goal time. This anchors the training for next 6 weeks to build consistency in routines.

So, what’s your finish goal time? I’ll go first.

For a half marathon, it’s a hilly course and with a 6 week block, i should be be happy with a 1hr 26mins to 1 hr 27mins time.

What about others?

WTH, I don’t know why you have an amateur like me swimming in this team with you running a half marathon in sub 1.5 hours. I am hoping to swim in under 45 minutes. I haven’t swam for a while, starting training on Sep 3rd.

I am training to do the Hyrox on Sep 3rd, running this with @adnanadeeb and only swimming after that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes